N.F.M. ~ Nikki Fu Masta

I created this blog to jot down my thoughts, and ramblings, of life.

I bare it all as I try to go big, and reach my goals.

Come on this journey with me!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Goals - Pt. 1

I recently sat down so I could write out my goals, and essentially make plans in how I was going to accomplish them (and in how long).

This last June, my company took our sales and overhead team to a motivational conference (there were pitches for stock investments and such).  But there were some really good speakers.  Including one, that I wish I could recall his name, discussed how he reached the success he did.  And gave us pointers for us to do so.

I have 5 major goals I'm trying to accomplish:

1 - Weight
I know, this is the "oh so typical" one.  But honestly, I am at a point with myself that I want to change.  I had my baby and never really got back to "pre-baby" weight.  I want to set a good example for my daughter, and our future children, by eating right and being active.  So this is my first step!

2 - Education
10 years ago when I graduated high school, I enrolled and attended one year at Shoreline Community College.  That was 2001 to 2002.  I got about a years worth of credits in English and Drama classes (and some other miscellaneous stuff).  10 years ago I was no where near ready, nor motivated, enough for college.  I wanted to be - but because I wasn't, I left.  Now flash forward to 2011.  With a fire in my belly and my sights set high, I am going back to school ... one baby step at a time to complete my 2 year degree and then my 4 year.  I want to move forward in my career and in my life, and at this stage I really won't be able to unless I get my degree!

3 - House
We bought our first home in June 2009.  The market sucks, but as a first time home buyer with a VA loan - the market was just right for us.  Now, I know the market isn't going to turn around anytime soon.  But it is my husband and I's goal to be in a bigger home within 10 years.  The house we bought is what would be most likely classified as a "starter home".  It is a beautiful house, it just needs a little paint and a little work!

4 - Finances
I am not going to lie ... I am, the budget queen.  It's a sick and twisted thing, I know, but I get a THRILL out of budgeting.  I have had friends come over so I can sit down, review finances and prepare a budget plan.  This last summer, my husband and I have gone through some changes with our income, and now we need to tweak our budget.  PLUS I want to start saving for other minor goals of mine (Vacations, Home Improvements, Etc)

5 - The "Nikki Empire"
I have a dream.  A dream I'll really get into in a later post, but essentially I want to build an empire.  You can say "be my own boss", but I don't know if that is quite what I want/mean.  I have so much I want to dab into and shape to be my own ... but it's the last of the goals on this master list, because to achieve the Nikki Empire, I need to accomplish other master goals first.



These are my master goals.  And in the next few posts, I'll really indulge in what each plan entails.  I have a fire in my belly.  It's hot and roaring ... I can't wait to start putting my new found motivation to good use!

Thanks for listening,

Nikki
Be a Thermostat - Not a Thermometer

No comments:

Post a Comment